"There's no point in spending your life in the pursuit of something that's easy." - Alice Kuipers

Monday, May 3, 2010

Update

In case you've been wondering what's happened to me over the past 6 days, allow me to sum up. I jumped. I wrote my first article for www.suite101.com and once it goes through the editing process it will be up on the world wide web. The chances of me earning much money from suite101 are slim to nill but I don't care, it's getting my name out there and building my portfolio. I've also been doing my best to work diligently on my book, but it's been tough. I work 7 days a week and when I'm home (unless my husband is home) I have to be away from the office watching my extremely mischievous dog. (And no, I don't have a laptop. I'm incredibly poor. My computer is ancient and very, very slow. Someday when I have money I plan to invest in one). Yep, all I can do is my best. Who knows? It may all work out in the end.
I also found out that my membership in my massage association is up at the end of October, so I have until then to find a new job. I'm just a little bit nervous. (That's an understatement in case you didn't get that). I loathe the idea of getting another job but I know I'll have to. We need money, which means I need to work. Unless of course some publisher out there wants to give me a huge advance... hello? Any takers?

No comments:

Post a Comment