"There's no point in spending your life in the pursuit of something that's easy." - Alice Kuipers

Friday, August 30, 2013

Five Sentence Fiction Friday - Thunder

Welcome to Friday and this week's edition of Five Sentence Fiction. This week's prompt is thunder. If you'd like to learn more about Five Sentence Fiction, or give it a try yourself (which I highly recommend), just visit Lillie McFerrin Writes. Enjoy!

Thunder is usually something to be scared of, something to make you grip your sheets in terror, but not tonight. Tonight it was the only thing keeping her safe.
With every loud, shuddering boom, the little creatures on the floor around her bed would leap back against the wall, terrified. In the quiet between they would creep forward slowly, smiling with pointed teeth, getting bolder until another blast of thunder sent them scurrying back. If the storm ended before morning, she was done for.

Voila! I hope you enjoyed my little story, and if you did then I hope you'll share it with friends and/or comment below. If you're still hungry for more Five Sentence Fiction, just follow the links below to read past editions. Don't forget to follow this blog to read other great posts and come find me on twitter @MelanieKCole. Have a great weekend!

Five Sentence Fiction Friday - Travel
Five Sentence Fiction Friday - Fabric
Five Sentence Fiction Friday - Learning
Five Sentence Fiction Friday - Bliss

10 comments:

  1. You scared me! It is not long I used to hide under the sheets when the closet door opens slowly. The boogeyman was always my bane!

    Very well written, thank you for providing so good entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome! And thank you for your lovely comments, you made me smile!

      Delete
  2. Interesting... finding out what monsters are afraid of. Maybe she can use this to her advantage somehow. Good story - but how will it end?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, you have quite the imagination! Yes, what happens next?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! As to what happens next... I have no idea. :)

      Delete
  4. this is exquisite

    my guess is she survives

    but tomorrow night - what then?

    Cheers!
    JzB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's quite a compliment! I like to think she survives the night as well, and the next day must formulate a plan for permanent survival.

      Delete