"There's no point in spending your life in the pursuit of something that's easy." - Alice Kuipers

Monday, July 30, 2012

The Beauty of Interruptions

Sometimes when you don't feel like writing, life lines up just right so you end up doing it anyway. Most of the time I'm the worst procrastinator in the world, but this weekend things really worked out for the best.

First of all, it was incredibly hot and our house doesn't have air conditioning. The bedrooms in the back of the house are always cooler than the rest of the house but it's also away from the TV. It didn't matter though, it was so hot I hung out in the bedroom where there was nothing to do but scribble in my notebook. It was perfect.

And on Sunday, my husband spent the afternoon watching a three hour long movie I couldn't stand, once again forcing me away from the TV and back to my writing. Sure, I could have been annoyed, but instead I really appreciated the interruptions to my usual weekend routine. They forced me to get some actual work done. Sometimes, when you can't motivate yourself, it helps to have others do the motivating for you.

So here's to the interruptions! Personally, I'm hoping my husband finds another long, boring movie to watch this week. I've got some writing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment