"There's no point in spending your life in the pursuit of something that's easy." - Alice Kuipers

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Yard Work

I know I should have posted a lot sooner, put some time and effort into it, but all my time and effort was invested in my front yard today. I was up early this morning to go grocery shopping (my cupboards were EMPTY), and aside from walking the dog, the rest of my day was spent in my yard.

This year (same as every year) I've vowed to not be "that neighbour". I will not be the neighbour whose grass grows knee high before they cut it. I will not be the neighbour whose flower beds contain only the flowers of infesting weeds. I will not be the neighbour who never remembers to water her lawn, so while the weeds flourish, the grass is half dead and brown. This year will be different.

I've said this every single year since we bought our house, and every year I fail. But THIS year, I won't. I promise. And so far, I'm putting in the time to prove it. The garden patches I plan on keeping are all weeded and mostly planted. I'm turning the other ones into lawn to reduce maintenance. Tomorrow promises to be another full day of gardening, but I have to admit, I've been enjoying it. Last weekend it poured the entire time, and I found myself looking forward to work on Monday. I was so bored. But this weekend I've been loving it all. I can't wait to get back out there tomorrow. Yes, so far I'm doing great. Fingers crossed I don't peter out by the middle of summer. I tend to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment