"There's no point in spending your life in the pursuit of something that's easy." - Alice Kuipers

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The French Continues

I'm posting a little late today, probably because I was up late last night attempting to learn French. As some of you know, for several months now I've been trying to learn some rudimentary French with a few helpful apps on my phone, in preparation for an upcoming trip to Paris. Well, last night I looked at the calendar, counted down the days and then counted down how many lessons I had to go and realized that I was WAY behind. So, I'm upping the intensity. I have a lot to do if I want to even get through the lessons once, and obviously I wanted to repeat them several times.

I want it noted that I really wasn't slacking off. I've been trying to do them every day, and most of the time I'm successful. Sure, there are days when I just don't get to it, but on the whole I've done very well. Although, if you measure success by how much French I'm capable of, then I really don't have a leg to stand on. Okay, that's not true either. I definitely couldn't hold a conversation in French but I am picking up a little bit of the basics, hopefully enough so that I don't humiliate myself completely. I'm giving myself a gold star for effort and let's just leave it at that.

I know I shouldn't be stressing out over it, but I'm starting to get a little nervous about the trip, and the more French I have in my back pocket, the more comfortable I'll be when I get on the flight. Speaking of stress, I think I've found the perfect way to deal with our exceedingly long layover in Montreal on the way there. The airport has a spa. Heh heh, now that's a vacation.

1 comment:

  1. You may not be able to speak a bunch of French but I think you'll be surprised how much you pick up while you're there and how much you remember of all the phrases you do know!

    ReplyDelete