"There's no point in spending your life in the pursuit of something that's easy." - Alice Kuipers

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

The Party

I'm exhausted. It's been quite a month. I haven't done anywhere near as much editing as I planned on, but I do have a pretty good excuse. This Saturday is my mother in law's 60th birthday party, and she enlisted my help with both the decorations and the food, so I've had my hands full with all of the preparations.

I should note that by "enlisted my help" I really mean I forcefully volunteered my services. One, because it's her birthday party, so she shouldn't have to worry about anything, she should just show up and have fun. But also, I love party planning. I really do. Both my sister and I jump on any opportunity to throw a shower or a party. I can't explain why I love it so much, especially since I'm usually not much of a people person, but I do. And my favourite part is always the decorating and the food.

So, I spent the past month shopping, crafting, scouring pinterest for ideas, baking and planning. Hopefully this Saturday my efforts pay off and there's a fabulous party to show for it. Unfortunately, my writing efforts have thoroughly suffered, so starting December 1st, it'll be operation get back on track. Keep your fingers crossed for me and I'll try to post some pictures of the party next week so you can judge my success for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment