"There's no point in spending your life in the pursuit of something that's easy." - Alice Kuipers

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

The Party - Continued

As I said last Wednesday, for the past month my husband and I have been planning a 60th birthday party for my mother in law. And this past Saturday was the big night. It went really well. There was a ton of great food and good music and lovely toasts given in honour of the birthday girl (although my favourite was definitely my husband's, he really knocked it out of the park). The best part was seeing the birthday girl have fun, dancing and visiting with all of her friends and family who came out to help her celebrate.

As you may recall, I was in charge of the decorating, among other things, so I thought I'd post a few pictures so you can see how it all came together.

 
This was the guest table. I want to note that the creepy teddy bear was the property of the hall, as part of their Christmas decorations. The bear aside, their Christmas decorations were lovely and complimented my own decorations nicely.
 
I did up a board of pictures of my mother in law over the years, all in black and white that spelled out 60.
 
This was the hall. You might notice the disco light bulb I found on Amazon, which I love and worked great.
 
I hung Christmas tree decorations from the ceiling, along with paper lanterns and stars.
These were the table centerpieces. I spray painted wine bottles white, filled them with glittery silver florals and surrounded the base with a white boa, silver beads and fake diamonds.
 
This is a close up with a different filter, neither one really does it justice. In my opinion it was pretty lovely.
I alternated the wine bottles with these centerpieces to break it up.

And there you have it. I spent the rest of the evening dancing, eating and visiting. 

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful party! I especially like the bulbs hung from the ceiling. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I had such a blast putting it all together.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous!!! So sweet and Christmasy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea with the wine bottles! Beautifully decorated - congrats on a job well done!
    Renee N.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazed at the effort you guys put in and how well it turned out. I know Cheryl absolutely loved it!

    ReplyDelete