"There's no point in spending your life in the pursuit of something that's easy." - Alice Kuipers

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Feelin' Burnt Out

I'd hoped I was adapting to my new, regular work schedule but it appears I'm not quite there yet. I'm in my 3rd week at my new job (which I still love - make no mistake about that!) and I'm still exhausted at the end of the day.

Everything seems to fall by the wayside in the wake of my excessive tiredness. I've been lazy with the dishes and walking the dog (poor Maddie!) and I haven't been writing as much. I've been feeling the crush on my creative juices as well. I'm less inclined to create new stories, I feel as though I have fewer ideas.

Part of me thinks I should just give myself a kick in the butt, tired or not, and I should just force myself to get up, clean the house and walk the dog. Chances are, if I just got up and did the work, got out in the fresh air, I'd feel better and more energized.

The other half of me - the tired half - thinks I need to just give in. That if I just spent a few days with my brain shut off, catching up on sleep, resting, reading a good book, then I'll feel better. Renewed.

The problem is that the two sides are in battle with each other. I don't have the time to listen to my tired side, and my tired side is making it hard for me to listen to my butt-kicking side. Overall, I'd really like to just inject caffeine directly into my brain. I suppose it would help if I drank coffee. Too bad I can't stand the stuff.
In the meantime, I'm just going to keep plodding along until one side is declared the winner.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean! Sometimes I just feel so tired but my advice is to listen to the butt kicking side! I always feel better when that side wins!!

    ReplyDelete