"There's no point in spending your life in the pursuit of something that's easy." - Alice Kuipers

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Book Launch

Tomorrow night I'm going to a book launch and I couldn't be more excited. It's for the new book written by the current Writer in Residence, David A. Poulsen. The book is called Old Man and the launch is at 7:00PM at McNally Robinson in Saskatoon, so if you're around you should definitely check it out.

There are several reasons why I'm so excited. First of all, I love book launches. It is my most hopeful dream that I will one day have one of my own, so I would never turn down the opportunity to go to someone else's. Having a book published is an enormous accomplishment (especially in this day and age) and whether it's the first or the twenty seventh, it's worthy of celebration and fanfare.

Second, David is probably one of the nicest human beings on Earth. Seriously, I can't tell you how much he's helped me with my own writing. He is always going above and beyond the call of duty and he's been incredibly supportive. I'm excited to support him in his own endeavors for a change.

Third, and maybe the most important reason, Old Man promises to be an excellent book. I've read the synopsis and I'm desperate to get my hands on it. I can't wait to be the proud owner of one of the first copies. You better believe I'll be getting it signed too.

What's your favourite part of a book launch? Being one of the first to one a new brilliant piece of fiction or non-fiction? Getting to meet the author responsible for some of your favourite reads? Being the discoverer of fantastic new talent? Share below in the comments section!

No comments:

Post a Comment