"There's no point in spending your life in the pursuit of something that's easy." - Alice Kuipers

Monday, February 4, 2013

February Challenge

Now that January is behind us and we're in the second month of the new year, I feel like I need to give myself some kind of challenge. Something to revive my stale New Year's Resolutions and give my writing routine some pep. Unfortunately, the next NaNoWriMo isn't until June (and that might be a little over ambitious at this point in my harried life), so I'm left with the question of what to do.

I've found that I respond really well to challenges and deadlines, which I think is one of the many reasons why I've been loving my meetings with the Writer in Residence. It's forcing me to get my editing done, which would otherwise have probably sat on my To Do pile for months.

The important thing is to give yourself achievable goals that push you but don't break you. I'm thinking maybe I'll do some kind of submitting challenge, I haven't done one of those since October, or maybe now is a good time to sign up for another online writing class. The point is, I need to do something. What do you do when your writing routine needs a little shaking up? Are you feeling the need for a change of pace now that we've settled into the new year? Share your comments and ideas with us below in the comments section!

No comments:

Post a Comment