"There's no point in spending your life in the pursuit of something that's easy." - Alice Kuipers

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Busy

So far, this has been quite the busy month. Going back to work after the Christmas holidays also meant going back to an entirely new computer system. It hasn't been easy to learn and every day has been filled with frustration. Pair that with a thorough deep cleaning of our house, my mentorship and scores and scores of editing and it's not hard to understand why I spend most of my free time thinking about sleep.

Still, there's something to be said for being busy. The winter months are flying by and I'm really enjoying the sense of purpose my mentorship, and all the editing that came with it, has given me. I can feel myself stretching as writer, as well as becoming more disciplined and thorough. As Martha Stewart would say, "it's a good thing".

The hard part is trying to carve out a little relaxation time so I can recharge. One of my favourite ways to relax is to go for a steam, so I'm thinking I might have to find some time this weekend. I found a place with private aromatherapy steam rooms I'm dying to try. Of course, if I'm going to reward myself, I better earn it. So, the game is on for the rest of this week. I have to buckle down so I can enjoy it, guilt free.

What about you? What's keeping you busy these days? How do you find time to relax?

No comments:

Post a Comment