"There's no point in spending your life in the pursuit of something that's easy." - Alice Kuipers

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

The Need to Relax

Things have been a tad, um, busy lately, what with the mentorship and a job that's in crazy mode, so it shouldn't be surprising that I finally ran my immune system down to the nub and ended up sitting at home last Thursday with a stomach bug. Still, nothing drives me crazier than having a whole day to myself, unable to do a thing because I'm stuck on the couch.

My mentor also noticed that I was getting run down and wrote me a lovely email, telling me how important it is to make time for myself as well as my writing. I couldn't argue with her logic. How can I be doing my best creative work when all my thoughts center around bed and when I'll get to go there? She was right, I had to take care better care of myself.

So, how to relax? My first impulse is a facial or a massage, but I'm on a post-Christmas budget, so I think I'll start by scheduling one day off a week to just watch TV, read a book, or go out for coffee. How do you relax and recharge? 

No comments:

Post a Comment