"There's no point in spending your life in the pursuit of something that's easy." - Alice Kuipers

Monday, September 10, 2012

Stolen Day

Oh Lord. It's Monday. What an uppity, irritable, over tired day. Oh wait, that's me on Mondays. Either way, they're unpleasant. The only good kind of Monday is a holiday Monday. I like those.

Lately, I've been feeling the need for a mental health day. Just a random day off when everyone else is working. Maybe I'd use it for writing. Perhaps I'd run errands while the stores are quiet. Or maybe, I'd just use it to laze about the house, napping and reading a good book, sunning myself in the window like a cat. Either way, I'm beginning to think it's called for.

It started out as a playful thought, a silly cure to the Monday blues. But the more I think about it, the more I'm warming to the idea. A random, single day off. A bonus day, just for me. Hmmmm, I could get behind an idea like that. At least it would save more money than my other idea, taking off for a weekend to Vegas, or somewhere with good shopping. It'd be an innocent game of hookie, a stolen day.

Yes. I've decided. Random day off it is. For the sake of my sanity, I shall pick a random day this month and book it off for absolutely no reason other than that I want it. What about you? What small ways do you preserve your sanity?

1 comment:

  1. I love playing hooky for a day!! It's always such a fun stolen day! I try to do that a couple time a year!

    ReplyDelete