"There's no point in spending your life in the pursuit of something that's easy." - Alice Kuipers

Friday, January 18, 2013

Five Sentence Friday - Forgotten

Welcome to Friday! This week's prompt, forgotten, is especially accurate because I almost forgot to do it. We'll blame that on my winter brain. If you'd like to learn more about Five Sentence Fiction, or give it a try yourself, just visit Lillie McFerrin Writes. Enjoy!

We live in perpetual darkness, huddled together, waiting to be discovered. We are your lost keys, your favourite toys, that beautiful pink shell you found on the beach on your honeymoon. We are the lost things, the forgotten things. We live in the dark corners of your mind, waiting for a bright ray of memory to bring us back into focus. We never lose hope; we might have been forgotten but we're not gone, not completely.

There you have it! If you enjoyed this little story, I hope you'll read the rest. Just follow the links below. If you really liked it then I hope you'll follow this blog and come find me on twitter, @MelanieKCole. Have a great weekend!

Five Sentence Fiction Friday - Inspire
Five Sentence Fiction Friday - Midnight
Five Sentence Fiction Friday - Ending
Five Sentence Fiction Friday - Vision

5 comments:

  1. That's brilliant!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderfully unique approach to the prompt! This made me smile as it brought to mind the many treasures that lay forgotten in the boxes, drawers and corners of my house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suddenly have the urge to go to the beach and search for shells, a very reminiscent piece

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love this. It's the post I wanted to write, but couldn't get a handle on. You succeeded brilliantly, Melanie. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete