"There's no point in spending your life in the pursuit of something that's easy." - Alice Kuipers

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Work and Writing

Today, I'm back at work. I can't say as I'm really happy about it, every day of my time off was pure bliss, nor can I say I'm really unhappy about it either. I like my job, and a return to it is also a return to structure. Which probably doesn't sound that great, but it is.

While I was on vacation, I was very relaxed about my schedule. As long as the dog and the rabbits were fed on time, I didn't really care about anything else. I cleaned when I felt like it, read when I felt like it, took naps when I was tired. I stayed up as long as I liked and slept in every morning. It felt great, but I wasn't especially productive, particularly where it concerned my writing. Work puts me back on a regular schedule. I have to be up at a certain time, to bed on a certain time. I know how much free time I have each evening and how much of it I can dedicate to writing.

It's the beginning of a new year and I have goals I want to get a head start on. Work gives me self discipline I just don't have when I'm on vacation. So, it is with hopeful optimism that I return to work and my writing goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment