"There's no point in spending your life in the pursuit of something that's easy." - Alice Kuipers

Friday, April 27, 2012

Five Sentence Fiction Friday - Explosive

Well everyone, it's that time again. It's Five Sentence Fiction Friday! Hooray! This is fast becoming my favourite day of the week, and not just because it's Friday. I've been loving the Five Sentence Fiction challenges, and hopefully you've been enjoying them too. This week's prompt is Explosive. This is my take below. Enjoy!

Our eyes meet just briefly. I bite my lip gently, entreating. Your hand is on the small of my back, pulling me closer. Our faces tilt towards each other - one long, sweet moment of anticipation - and we give in. It's perfect, reckless and doomed for failure, but oh what a failure it will be!

How was that? Explosive enough for you? Heh, heh, just kidding. I love how each prompt pulls me in different directions. I could probably write three or four scenarios for each one. It's all just too much fun and such a great creative exercise! If you'd like to give it a try, just visit Lillie McFerrin's website. And as always, your comments and suggestions are welcome below in the comments section. I love reading your feedback! Please feel free to follow this blog, and myself on twitter @MelanieKCole. I've included links to all my previous Five Sentence Fiction attempts, in case you'd like to peruse. Have a great weekend!
Five Sentence Fiction Friday - Wicked
Five Sentence Fiction Friday - Armor
Five Sentence Fiction Friday - Tears

6 comments:

  1. That was in a word... Explosive! Very nice! And Five sentence Fridays are fast becoming my favorites too!! Although I've really enjoyed reading some more of your longer stories too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coming right after Cara's, this is turning out to be one very steamy Saturday morning. Good one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "It's perfect, reckless and doomed for failure, but[,] oh[,] what a failure it will be!" That was a brilliant, perfect sentence, Melanie. =)

    / Rain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very good! Loved the last sentence...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really well done! Short, sweet, and savory. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone!! I truly appreciate all of your comments

    ReplyDelete