"There's no point in spending your life in the pursuit of something that's easy." - Alice Kuipers

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Introducing...

Poppet and Widget!



That's right, thanks to The Night Circus and the always wonderful Erin Morgenstern, the bunnies now have names.

Today, as I whiled away the hours in the twitter-verse, I saw a tweet by Erin Morgenstern regarding a beautiful drawing of Poppet and Widget from her book, The Night Circus, who are brother and sister. (Which if you haven't read, you REALLY should. It's amazing. Vivid, imaginative and utterly captivating). When I saw her tweet, it hit me like a bolt of lightning. I had the names for my bunnies!

Of course, I had to give credit where credit was due, so I immediately tweeted my thanks to Erin Morgenstern for her brilliant character names that would now also become my adorable bunnies' monikers. And she tweeted BACK! I'm always so excited when this happens. I think it's amazing that there are so many amazing authors out there willing to take the time to connect with their fans. I completely geeked out over our small twitter conversation and spent the rest of my day smiling like a fool. (I guess you could say I was "twitterpated". HAH!)

In any case, I know you're probably wondering who's who. Poppet is the little brown and white bunny, and Widget is the grey and white one. They're already as close and inseparable as their namesakes and I think it's going to be a really great fit.

So thank you Erin Morgenstern! Everyone go out and buy The Night Circus! It's a fabulous book and you can learn all about Poppet and Widget. In closing, here is another photo of the bunnies and the book that inspired their names.

9 comments:

  1. Best name ever!!! And I would totally be geeking out too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, U 2, now that your Human has given you names, you need to work on getting her to teach you how to blog for yourselves!

    The worldwide Critterverse needa to hear from more Bunnies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! They're still struggling with the idea of the litterbox, somehow I think it will be a while before they're capable of running a blog. But who knows? If they're infused with the power of their namesakes, Widget will be telling stories soon and Poppet will see the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And then Erin posted a link to your site on Facebook. I think that makes you famous now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, I hope I can come up with names half as creative for my two ferrets this weekend. And, congrats on the acknowledgement from your favorite writer. We'd better get a tweet or two from you when you make it big as an author!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But of course!! And let me know what you end up naming your ferrets! Too cute!

      Delete