"There's no point in spending your life in the pursuit of something that's easy." - Alice Kuipers

Monday, April 2, 2012

Too Busy!

Today was a crazy busy day. Normally, my job is very relaxed and orderly, but today everything just seemed to go haywire. Simple tasks that normally took no time at all took up most of my day. Of course it had to be on a Monday when I hadn't had very much sleep the night before. When I got home from work I had to clean the house and run to the grocery store, as my parents were coming over to meet my two new baby bunnies. We had a really great visit, and afterward as I was hoping to crawl into bed I remembered that I needed to wash my husband's work pants for tomorrow, as well as write a blog post.

So, I ran downstairs, threw in a load of wash and plopped down on the couch to hammer out a quick post, only to get hung up in the world of editing for another project. It's now an hour past my planned bedtime and here I am, finally getting to my blog post. You'll have to forgive me if it feels a little thrown together, because it is. I had no idea what I would write about until I started.

Honestly, I don't mind the business. It's exhilarating to run around and get things done, just so long as it isn't on a constant basis. I've also started a month long platform building challenge (which you can read about here), so that's fun and exciting. I love opportunities to learn more about writing and all that goes into it. To top it all off, I heard back from an editor about a pitch from a few months ago, so keep your fingers crossed for me!

That pretty much sums up my life at the moment. I still haven't named the bunnies (still waiting on suggestions for that!), who are doing great and really starting to get comfortable in their new environment. It's fun to watch them flourish, to watch as their curiousity takes over and they begin to explore and introduce themselves. I'm loving every minute it of it. Maddie's had a few more encounters with them and so far she's doing marvelously. I'm so proud of my baby girl!

Stay tuned for news on the baby bunnies future monikers, as well as the Before and After pictures of my office. (That's right, I haven't forgotten. I was just sidetracked by bunnies). In the meantime, I'm rewarding myself with some much needed sleep.

2 comments:

  1. Wow that does sound like a busy day!!! Will you be doing a blog post about hearing back from the editor?? I'm super curious!!! Good luck naming your bunnies!!! I think you should name one of them Slartibartfast (from hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! Keep the suggestions coming!! As to hearing from the editor, our correspondence hasn't been the most speedy, generally it's weeks to months before I hear from him again, so you'll have to stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete