"There's no point in spending your life in the pursuit of something that's easy." - Alice Kuipers

Friday, September 27, 2013

Five Sentence Fiction Friday - Magnetic

Welcome to Friday and this week's edition of Five Sentence Fiction. This week's prompt is magnetic. If you'd like to learn more about Five Sentence Fiction, or give it a try yourself, just visit Lillie McFerrin Writes. Enjoy!

FATAL MAGNETIC ACCIDENTS
She shakes her head at her son's latest google search. He's been acting so strange lately, but of course he won't say what's going on.
"Mom, I told you to stay out of my room!" he screams it, eyes glinting as he scrambles across the room and slams his laptop closed. 
She's never seen him like this, so angry he's actually trembling; it's frightening. That's when she notices the coins on his desk begin to move...

I hope you enjoyed this week's edition of Five Sentence Fiction. If you did, then I hope you'll share it with friends. If you'd like to read more, just follow the links below for past editions. And if you'd like to make my day (and really, who wouldn't?) then follow my blog and come find me on twitter @MelanieKCole. Have a great weekend!

Five Sentence Fiction Friday - Wild
Five Sentence Fiction Friday - Flowers
Five Sentence Fiction Friday - Beauty
Five Sentence Fiction Friday - Thunder

9 comments:

  1. Terrorific moment!

    There is no worse danger than a poltergeist kid!

    Nicely done. Good choice of words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, interesting! I would like to see more of this story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I might have to keep playing with this one...

      Delete
  3. I've got to agree with Liam's poltergeist comment. The power has scared this kid so much that he doesn't want to scare his mother or to have her worry about what's happening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this! I will definitely have to go check out your other five sentence stories. What an ingenious idea!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! You should try it as well, I'd love to read your take!

      Delete