"There's no point in spending your life in the pursuit of something that's easy." - Alice Kuipers

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Looking for Something Spooky

Fall is here, with its bursts of reds and yellows and the delicious crunch of leaves underfoot. The whole world seems golden, and even though the crispness in the air signals the coming winter, I'm happy. Summer's been good to me this year (aside from the plagues) and I've decided to let it leave gracefully. I'm going to look at the bright side of things. Starting with my one of my favourite holidays: Halloween.

I know, I know, it's much too soon to start mentioning Halloween, and I'm not, really. But I am thinking ahead to October, and I've decided to throw a few macabre tales into the mix with my reading schedule. What better way to get into the mood for fall than with something spooky? I also plan to start baking a lot, now that the temperature in my house won't be a sweaty 27 degrees Celsius, but that's a lot less healthy for my waistline, whereas a good book is always good for you.

So, this is the part where I ask for your help. What's your favourite spooky, horror, mystery, thriller, etc? Do you have any suggestions that help put me (and anyone else reading this) in the mood for fall? I'll be sharing all my spectacular finds throughout October, so don't worry if you're having trouble finding something. (You can start with last Monday's book recommendation, Doll Bones.) Together, we will brave the fall and embrace all the good it can give us.

No comments:

Post a Comment