"There's no point in spending your life in the pursuit of something that's easy." - Alice Kuipers

Friday, September 20, 2013

Five Sentence Fiction Friday - Wild

Welcome to Friday and this week's edition of Five Sentence Fiction. This week's prompt is wild. If you'd like to learn more about Five Sentence Fiction, or give it a try yourself, just visit Lillie McFerrin Writes. Enjoy!

"Wow, that was wild," she looked down at her blood stained clothes and the machete in her hand, bits of gore still clinging to the edge, "I didn't think we were going to make it for a while there."
The faces around her were pale and a little green, a few open mouthed in horror. "I know they were zombies, but you just... you just took their heads clean off, didn't you?"
She smiled. "Well, not at first, but as they say, 'practice makes perfect.'"

I hope you enjoyed this creepy little tale, and if you did, please share it with friends. If you really liked it, then I hope you'll make my day and follow this blog, as well as come find me on twitter @MelanieKCole. If you're still in the mood for more Five Sentence Fiction (and who wouldn't be?) just follow the links below to read past editions. Have a great weekend!

Five Sentence Fiction Friday - Flowers
Five Sentence Fiction Friday - Beauty
Five Sentence Fiction Friday - Thunder
Five Sentence Fiction Friday - Travel

12 comments:

  1. As always, Melanie, you make 5 Sentence Fiction look so easy to write - as if a novice could make a great story their first time. Even though zombies are in right now, you manage to bring a fresh twist to the theme and also have us, as your audience, connect with your main character. I felt like I was coming down from the thrill of killing a butt-load of zombies as if I was playing a video game even though it was real!! Loved the humor, as well!

    Monique

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melanie- Thanks for joining my group on Book Blogs! You can find my blog at http://lorenmathisauthor.tumblr.com/. I look forward to reading your posts!

    LM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Loren! Happy to! Can't wait to check out everyone's blogs!

      Delete
  3. Hey there!
    Found you on book blogs. I followed your blog and twitter. Come check out mine at http://adriennereiter.blogspot.com. I have a picture of my dog to. She's slightly smaller than yours. Hard to believe they're the same species. Ha!
    Cheers!
    Adrienne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Adrienne! Can't wait to check out your blog!

      Delete
  4. Great, Melanie, I do enjoy my walking dead stuff!
    Scott
    Mine: http://kindredspirit23.wordpress.com/2013/09/19/fsf-five-sentence-fiction-wild-question-rated-pg13/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a girl who kicks ass, and I love seeing a zombie's ass kicked!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like her friends are more afraid of her than the zombies! She'd certainly be an interesting date! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete