"There's no point in spending your life in the pursuit of something that's easy." - Alice Kuipers

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

The End of the Summer of No TV

Well, fall is officially here (according to the calendar. I don't know when the first official day of fall is, but to me it's with the start of September), so I could potentially say that now is the end of the summer of no TV. But, I think I'm going to wait. The weather is still hot and beautiful, so there's no point in turning back on the boob tube while it's still pleasant to be outside. I think I'll wait until it's cold and the thought of warm pajamas and an enthralling crime show are too enticing to resist. But I am starting to reflect on the summer, and I've decided it's been a success.

With the TV off, my husband and I spent the summer going out, exploring our city, talking long walks with the dog and training for a 5K. We went to Paris, which was the vacation of a lifetime, and spent a lot more quality time together at home. I read a lot of books, took a lot of naps and just tried to soak in the heat of summer when it was around. Sadly, the lack of TV did not inspire me to put anymore time into yard work, aside from picking and eating all my raspberries and strawberries with big dollops of whipped cream, but we did put in a driveway, so there's that.

The point is, we really enjoyed our time off, and with winter approaching we're looking forward to having the perfect excuse to snuggle up and watch TV again. I think this could be an annual thing, so we have no excuse not to get the most we can out of summer. What about you? What did you get out of summer this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment