"There's no point in spending your life in the pursuit of something that's easy." - Alice Kuipers

Friday, April 26, 2013

Five Sentence Fiction Friday - Shadows

Welcome to Friday! It's time for this week's edition of Five Sentence Fiction, so I hope you're ready. If you'd like to learn more about Five Sentence Fiction, or give it a try yourself, just visit Lillie McFerrin Writes. This week's prompt is shadows. Enjoy!

Once upon a time, there was a playful little shadow. He wasn't like the other shadows, who mind their business and spend their days mirroring the actions of their owner. He preferred to be more original... more truthful. He didn't mirror his owner's actions, but he did mirror his thoughts. They were far more fun anyhow, and really, it wasn't his fault those thoughts were rather sinister...

I hope you enjoyed this little story because I have to tell you, I really enjoyed writing it. This might turn into something else... that was just too much fun to end there. In any case, if you did like it, then I hope you'll share it with friends. Perhaps you'll even decide to make my day and follow this blog or come find me on twitter @MelanieKCole. If you're still hungry for more Five Sentence Fiction, just follow the links below to read past editions. And remember, your thoughts and comments are always welcome below in the comments section. Have a great weekend!

Five Sentence Fiction Friday - Angles
Five Sentence Fiction Friday - Edge
Five Sentence Fiction Friday - Words
Five Sentence Fiction Friday - Flame

5 comments:

  1. Oh my god that's brilliant!!!!! This may be my favorite FSFF!!!! Love it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So original...a shadow with a mind of its own :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting.
    I wonder if you were thinking about PETER PAN when you wrote this. I did while reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A shadow that mirrors thoughts rather than actions. An original take on a simple word prompt. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a very interesting concept. Good story!

    ReplyDelete