"There's no point in spending your life in the pursuit of something that's easy." - Alice Kuipers

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Spring is Coming

Spring is ever so slowly and quietly creeping up on us. It's like a wild animal that runs away whenever you make eye contact. Instead, you have to pretend not to notice it, and watch it from your peripheral vision. There's still far too much snow on the ground and the temperatures are well below seasonal averages, but it's there. I can feel it.

It's a big relief to feel winter's grasp start to slip away. I think we were only another week or so away from mass murder in my office. I love my job and the people I work with, but it's a small office and there's only a few of us. The unending winter with its dismal grey days and mind-numbing cold has slowly eaten away at our patience, leaving us passive-aggressive, bitter and on edge.

But with every puddle of melted snow, every beam of sunshine, equilibrium is returning. Soon, we will be plunged into our busy season and with the hum of activity comes an office wide comradery. Frankly, I'm just excited for being warm again, for the sweet smell of fresh cut grass, for being able to walk the dog without layers upon layers of coats, mittens, touques and scarves. There are a lot of things to be excited for when it comes to summer, not just a lapse in office murders.

What are you looking forward to this summer? Has spring finally started to peak its head around the corner in your neighbourhood? Or are you one of those jerks who've had spring for months now? (Don't answer that).

2 comments:

  1. I love this! No...I am one of those who has been anticipating Spring. There is so much I want to do...like take walks with our newly adopted rescue Sheltie! She comes Home this weekend...hoping for nice weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely anticipating spring!!! My tomato plants need to go outside!!

    ReplyDelete