"There's no point in spending your life in the pursuit of something that's easy." - Alice Kuipers

Friday, April 5, 2013

Five Sentence Fiction Friday - Words

Is it just me or does the Friday after a long weekend always seem to take longer to get here? Nevertheless, it is finally here, which means it's also time for Five Sentence Fiction. If you'd like to find out what it's all about, or give it a try yourself, just visit Lillie McFerrin Writes. This week's prompt is words. Enjoy!

She watched her brother's mouth move up and down, the sound of his words cascading from his open lips, where they fell unheard to the floor. She couldn't understand what he was saying, could only stare in bewilderment at his puzzled expression, blood surging to her face, panic rising in her gut. 
The old man at the market had told her to only eat one, that one was all she would need. Why hadn't she believed him? He'd made her promise to listen to him but she didn't, and now she couldn't listen to anyone. 

 There you have it! Hopefully you enjoyed my little story, and if you did I hope you'll share it with friends. If you really liked it (and would also like to make my day) then please free to follow this blog and come find me on twitter @MelanieKCole. If you're still hungry for more Five Sentence Fiction, then I invite you to follow the links below and read past editions. But most importantly, make sure you have a great weekend!

Five Sentence Fiction Friday - Flame
Five Sentence Fiction Friday - Conquer
Five Sentence Fiction Friday - Paradise
Five Sentence Fiction Friday - Whisper

9 comments:

  1. What a frightening story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes!!! What did she eat?????

    ReplyDelete
  3. My thoughts exactly, what was it she ate and why?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give me another five sentences and I'll tell you! ;)

      Delete
  4. Also, why did she want to go deaf in the first place?! Even if only for a little while?
    *intrigued*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting. Why do you think she wanted to go deaf in the first place? She didn't listen to instruction and because she refused to heed his warning, she lost her ability to listen.

      Delete
  5. Another five sentences would be awesome. I love your dark tales Melanie; the moral to listen is quite strong here lol. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think, no, know that you could add more than 5 sentences to this little tale. I would LOVE to read more. Grabbed me...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Uh-oh. This sends me back to the 70s and my old acid-dropping days. *shudders*

    ReplyDelete