"There's no point in spending your life in the pursuit of something that's easy." - Alice Kuipers

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Hung Over, But Not in the Traditional Sense

Sorry this post is a little late, but I've had a really great week so far. Sunday, my husband convinced me to go see the new Wolverine movie. I'd resisted at first, as I figured it'd probably be horrible and I hate watching my favourite fictional character of all time get ruined on the big screen. (Not due to Hugh Jackman, I think he's a fantastic actor, but due to terrible script and plot choices). But I'd heard on the radio that it was actually a good movie so we went. And it was. I refuse to give spoilers but it was fantastic. Definitely go see it if you're a fan, or if you're not. It's that good.

Unfortunately, Wolverine has a rather strong effect on me, leaving me feeling buzzy and distracted for days after an encounter, whether it be cartoon, book, comic book or movie. There's something about him, always has been, that just gets under my skin and crawls around. It's pleasant and unpleasant at the same time, and I always want more even though I know it will just prolong the feeling. So, I texted a girlfriend and asked if she'd seen it, and volunteered to see it again with her. Which is what I did last night. And it was fantastic again.

But, I'm also buzzy and distracted again, unable to push him from my thoughts or concentrate on anything else. It's irritating and lovely and I'm already itchy to go back to the movies and visit him again. So, I guess what I'm trying to say is, sorry this post is a little late and he's all I can talk about, and does anyone feel like going to the movies?

No comments:

Post a Comment